Jam Filled Buns

Saturday 12 May 2018


Jam Filled Buns. I always like to make my husband a little something special to enjoy with his breakfast or his morning drink at the weekend.  He is always so very appreciative of everything I do for him, which means a lot to me.  
 
Its awfully nice to feel appreciated.  Today I decided to bake him some of these Jam Filled Buns. This sweet  buns recipe is one of his favourite things I bake for him.


These delicious little buns are real family pleasers.  They are like a cross between a scone and a North American Biscuit, being very easy to throw together.  
 
Making them is as simple as sifting some ingredients into a bowl. Quick, easy, delicious and no yeast involved.


Cutting in some butter  . . .  and stirring in some wet ingredients to make a dough.  
 
After that you just pat it out, cut into rounds . . . make a dip in the centres with your thumb, fill the dips with jam, then bake!


They don't take too long to bake, which is good . . .  because we love our jam in this house.  Jam in anything.
 
 And when it is combined with a tasty scone/biscuit, we love it even more! Yum yum!!


These lovely buns would actually be good any time of the day . . .  breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea break, supper.
 
You name it. I can't think of any singular time they would not be welcome! Not a one!



They are so light and dainty, they would be perfect on the tea trolly for High Tea.  
 
Oh, I could just imagine the Queen or some other Aristocrat tucking into one of these with their afternoon cuppa . . .  pinkie raised en pointe!


Any blue blood in my body is long since watered down. Long watered down.
 
So we don't stick up our pinkies here, or cling to any set rules.  If we likes it . . .  we eats it.


And so it is with these.  We likes 'em . . .  we likes 'em a lot! 

Don't judge me on this.  I cannot help myself. My veins run with jam.




They would be great to take on picnics as well. I dare say they are perfect for picnicking with.
 
I bet nobody would be complaining as they tucked into one or two or three . . .


Its the North American Mother's Day this weekend, why not bake a batch for the special mom in your life?  Show her how much you appreciate her . . .  or your hubbie, or children.  
 
You are sure to become their favourite person if you do! I guarantee!



*Jam Filled Buns*
Makes 14 to 16

Light and fluffy little buns with a jammy centre. Delicious served for breakfast at the weekend. 

280g plain flour (2 cups, all purpose)
2 TBS granulated sugar
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
125g cold butter, cut into bits (1/2 cup)
1 large free-range egg beaten
120ml cold milk (1/2 cup)
 Your favourite jam




Preheat the oven to 220*C/425*F/ gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with some baking parchment. Set aside.


Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Drop in the butter and quickly rub it in until crumbly. (can use a pastry blender, two knives or your fingertips.) Beat together the milk and egg. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid all at once. Stir together with a fork to make a soft dough, adding a bit more milk if necessary.Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a couple of times to really bring together. Pat out 1 inch thick. Using a floured 2 inch cutter, stamp out rounds, pushing straight down and lifting straight up. (bring the scraps together and repat to make more. Do note that the second patting will not give you the same results, so do try to get as many cuts from the first cutting as you can.) Place well apart on the baking sheet. Using a floured finger make a deep hole in the centre of each. Drop a small bit of jam into the centre of each.


Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.



Nom Nom Nom  . . .  betcha can't eat just one of these.  Yes, they are THAT good!  Bon Weekend!



This content (written and photography) is the sole property of The English Kitchen. Any reposting or misuse is not permitted. If you are reading this elsewhere, please know that it is stolen content and you may report it to me at: mariealicejoan at aol dot com Thanks so much for visiting. Do come again! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. Another keeper I am certain..I like to Make J things too..:)Always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite good Monique. We do like to spoil our men! xo

      Delete
  2. Yum. Maybe I'll make this for my royal wedding breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm certainly baking them this weekend. They look very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!