Cheese Burger Quesadillas

Friday 10 November 2017


My daughter posted this video on her page the other day for this Giant Quesadilla Burger.  

It looked fun and oh so tasty.  I thought to myself, I am going to save that and make me one of those!


I love Quesadilla and I love burgers.  The two together just seeme to me to be a beautiful combination.

Quesadilla Cheese Burgers

I picked up the meat and tortillas at the shops the other day, and things kept getting in the way of me putting it together.  

Whoever said that retirement was going to be relaxing was kidding!  It's not!  Relaxing.  

I find myself wondering most days how I got everything done that I had to do when I was working full time!


Coz I sure don't seem to be able to get half the stuff done that I used to . . .  or maybe I am just that little bit older and slowing down a bit.  

I dunno . . .



In any case I got them done today and they turned out beautiful!  

For once, something I have seen that actually was as easy as it looked and not a disappointment when it was finished!


I did adapt it a bit as I went along and I think made it a lot easier to understand.  

Of course I put my own little twist on things, because  . . . that's just what you do!


Look at that oozing cheese  . . .  and those gerkins.  I love gerkins . . .  and oozing cheese.  😛



These were ab fabulous!  Mmm . . .  I couldn't finish my quarter, but I enjoyed every smidgen of it that I was able to eat.  

I think I must be losing my appetite a bit as I get older,  because  a few years ago I could have easily eaten a whole quarter, no problem!




*Quesadilla Burgers*
Serves 4
 
I saw this in a video and I thought to myself, I can do as well, if not better.  This was the result. It was simply fabulous! 

6 soft whole wheat tortillas, 8 inches in diameter
(you can use white if you want)
9 TBS four cheese blend, divided
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fine ground black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
8 slices mild cheddar cheese
a couple handfuls of shredded lettuce
your favourite burger sauce (I used Red's Dirty Burger Sauce)
8 slices of pickled gerkins
1 small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped 


Preheat the oven to 80*C/175*F/ gas mark 2.  Have ready a large baking sheet.

Mix the beef together with the sale, pepper, onion and garlic powders with your hands. Divide into two and shape into two large flat patties, approximately 9 inches in diameter.  I found it best to do this on a sheet of parchment paper, for ease of getting it into a pan.  Set aside.




Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.  Add one tortilla and sprinkle with 3 TBS of the four cheese blend.  Cover with another tortilla, pressing down gently.  Brown on one side, then carefully flip and brown on the other side.  Place onto the baking sheet and put into the oven.  Repeat two more times until you have three cheese filled toasted double tortillas. 



Place one meat patty into the skillet and cook over medium high heat until golden brown on the bottom side.  Flip over and brown on the other side.  Top with four cheese slices and place into the oven with the tortillas to keep warm.  Place the other meat patty into the skillet and cook it over medium high heat until golden brown on the bottom side, flip over and brown the other side.  Top with four cheese slices and let them melt.  Divide the pickled gerkins around the top of the cheese. 


Quesadilla Cheese Burgers

 
Lay one cheese filled tortilla onto a board.  Top with a drizzle of burger sauce, half the chopped onions and half the lettuce. Place the cheese only topped burger carefully on top.  Place another of the cheese filled tortillas on top of the burger. 

 Drizzle the tortilla with more burger sauce and the remaining onions and lettuce.  Place the gerkin topped burger patty on top and then place the final cheese filled tortilla on top.   Press down gently and then cut into four wedges to serve.  Serve immediately. 


Quesadilla Cheese Burgers

 Now that's one heck of a burger.  Who would ever want to have any other kind??  These are fabulously tasty! Bon Appetit!
 
Quesadilla Cheese Burgers 
This content (written and photography) is the sole property of The English Kitchen. Any reposting or misuse is not permitted. If you are reading this elsewhere, please know that it is stolen content and you may report it to me at mariealicejoan at aol dot com. 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. How fun you are making your daughters' recipes:)♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she tries very hard to please. I like to honor her if I can! Love her as you can imagine! xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!