Nakd Bars

Monday 11 February 2013



I was recently sent an assortment of Nakd Bars to try out.  I had never tried or even heard of these bars before, but I am always up to try something new . . . just so long as it isn't made from seafood or insects that is.   I am not keen to try those things out . . .

There has been a real surge in recent months of people wanting to eat "raw" foods.   My sister is one of those people.  She has a blog called Flat Belly Files and on it she share's her experiences with raw food.  She sprouts her own grains, and makes "raw" cookies and the like.  She also uses her dehydrator a lot.   When I saw this box of bars, I thought to myself, these would be right up her alley!  Too bad she lives in Canada!

Nakd Bars are a raw whole foods bar.  They are gluten free, wheat free, dairy free and have no added sugars or artificial flavors.  They are never baked.  Made from completely natural ingredients that are ground and smooshed together to shape a handy snack and lunch box sized bar.



The mixed case contained quite a variety of flavours. There was Pecan Pie, Cocoa Delight, Cocoa Orange, Cocoa Mint, Cashew Cookie, Gingerbread and Berry Delight. The back of the bar tells you the ingredients, for example the Gingerbread one contains Dates, Almonds, Pecans, Ginger, Cloves and Cinnamon and that’s all. I did notice that most of the bars did contain nuts.  There is also a calorie count as well, and not surprisingly they are all relatively low in calories and contain no fat, except that which occurs naturally in the nuts.

Soft to bite, with a lovely taste, I found my favourite ones to be a toss up between the Pecan Pie and the Gingerbread ones.  You can really taste the flavours in these bars, the cocoa ones are chocolate flavoured and the nutty ones are nutty.  Sweet enough to replace a chocolate snack, but much, much healthier.

  photo nakd-bar_zpsa79533b7.jpg

They may not be much to look at . . . truly, but who says tasty always has to be pretty?

Nakd Bars are £13.99 for a box of 18 and the delivery is free, but if you order them now you'll be able to get in on a discount that they are offering at the moment of 20% which makes them only £11.99 for a box of 18, plus free delivery.  Be sure to check them out!

Many thanks to Nakd for sending me over this box to try out.  

Please note:  Although I was sent a box of these to try out, my opinions are my own.

3 comments

  1. These are totally gorgeous! My favourite is the cocoa orange, I have it as a healthy snack at work that cures my sweet cravings, and they are guit free! Tesco only have a limited selection so I am well excited to discover they do a cocoa mint version! Think I need to get online! Like, now! LOL =)

    xXx

    Want to follow me too?
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/OhSoGawjess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Montreal, Canada. Those look and sound wonderful! You have described them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look good and I am sure that I would love them! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!